Friday, August 3, 2012

Zombies & Aliens

Last night I found myself unable to sleep, although A. was snoring calmly beside me, muttering about "brains" in his sleep. Must have been having zombie dreams. 
While A was fantasizing about zombies, my waking brain was still pre-occupied with the idea 
of aliens. The street lamp outside my window was casting this really strange yellow-orange light
 through my window, and I suddenly got this impression of having stepped into another world, 
or having appeared on another planet! And then I started considering that there kind of ARE 
"multiple worlds", if you take the idea of "reality is in the mind" literally. You could, theoretically, 
travel between different worlds, or different versions of this world, by altering your mind state. 


I mean, don't I already do that, being bipolar? But what if you could do it by choice? How infinitely
fascinating would that be, to be able to escape or explore different "realms", if you have it, at will? 
Whenever you felt trapped, you could simply step through into a new reality. 


Today I amused myself by pretending I was on a brand new, alien planet and trying to look at it
 through the eyes of someone who'd never seen it before. Things became suddenly a lot more 
fascinating. Went down to the beach with Aand sat there eating icecream :) but I was looking out 
at the water and like, really SEEING it, and thinking how amazing it was that we were sitting 
there on the surface of a planet, covered largely by water, and that there was a whole world there 
under the waves.... and that above us was the "sky" which was really just the atmosphere of our 
planet and that after that was the universe, space, that (for all intents and purposes) basically 
goes on for ever and ever....




Woww, doesn't that make your mind blow?? Existence is so fantastic that its impossible to truly 
comprehend! 


I think I just switched mental state again - but not manic, don't have that never-ending energy.
Still, its a nice break from the nihilistic depression, I hope it sticks around! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx