Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nice Things

I'm going to write about only nice things today. There has been so much stress and nastiness lately that I really do not want to relive it all just now - rather, I am writing to make myself feel better. I've decided to try a new tactic, that instead of concentrating so much on the negative stuff and trying to work through it, I instead acknowledge stressful and sad events/feelings but bring my focus back to all the positivity in my life. Don't you think we often forget all the wonderful things because we are always focussed on what's going WRONG rather than what's RIGHT? So this evening I'm talking about the stuff that I've been enjoying doing lately. I'll leave my problems for another post.

Well, lately I've been getting into CHESS!! I've been trying to teach myself to get better - I've improved a bit but I'm still pretty bad XD I've been playing with my SO and my housemate J, and I also joined an online chess site where you get to play against people all over the world. I definitely win a lot more now than I used to! I like problem solving games or doing puzzles, which I think is why I am enjoying chess - the latest obsession (It was sodoku for quite a while).

Oh I might have to put this blog post on hold, because my dog wants to go for a walk (he's whining at me pitifully and making me feel guilty). I'll be back in half an hour!

...............

I'm back! I had a really good run with N-dog at the beach. I've discovered that running along the beach at night is really relaxing. I did quite a lot today, actually - weeded the garden, cut the grass, ran with Napolean, played flute, played chess...

................

So I got distracted again and never finished my post! Right now me, my SO, housemate J and me are waiting for the chinese food we ordered... it's taking forever! It's been an hour and a half and we've rang them twice, apparently its finally on its way. SO HUNGRY!! We have a house inspection tomorrow (monday) so we were doing a massive clean-out today, including the front and back yard as well as the house and outdoor room (which was FILTHY because of the dogs). I still have to tidy away some clothes in my room, but then I think that's as good as it's going to get. Hate house inspections! It's so stressful because you have to wait around all day waiting for them to turn up, and like tiptoe-ing around your own house trying to avoid making any mess. Oh well, it'll be over tomorrow, and then freedom to be messy for another 3 months XD

^^ from Hyperbole and a Half - 
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html




~Tam~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx