Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dramadrama

Had another horrible encounter with the neighbour on sunday, I won't talk about it because I'd rather try and forget it now, but in short my SO and I have decided to try and find another home for our great dane x Blair. I'm completely devastated, I just don't know what else to do. We've tried everything we can think of to stop the fence jumping, and it's still happening, and the neighbours are mad and our real-estate agent says we have to get rid of her.... :( :( :( I'm so sad!!!

I've advertised her on gumtree but I'm going to ring a few local pet shelters and see if they will advertise for us as well. I don't want to give her to a shelter, I want to "foster" her here until she finds a new wonderful home, that has the facilities to cope with the fence-jumping. Maybe someone else will be better able to train her and to work on her aggression toward other dogs. I feel like a failure and that I have let my beautiful Blair down :( :(

Anyway I had a psychologist appointment the other day, and that was very helpful because I was feeling so down. I cried a lot during the session but felt a lot better afterwards, although still so so sad about what's happened with my dog. Thank God Napolean does not jump fences, I would NEVER give him up!!!!!! JUST LET ANYONE TRY MAKE ME lol. He's my Assistant Dog anyway, and he is so lovely and gentle, no-one could ever have a problem with him. <3

For now Blair is just on a super long lead (got like 6 long leads all joined together lol) so that she can run around the back yard and go in the back games room but not jump the fence when I am not looking!!

Anyway, I have to go as A. and I are going to visit a family friend, he recently had seizures and had to go to hospital, but is home again now thank goodness! We bought a card and and some edible goodies for him :)

Bye for now!

~Tam~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx