Saturday, June 8, 2013

Attention Def..... HI DOG! DOGDOGDOGDOG

I'm writing here so I can hopefully clear my head a little so that I can study. It has been so difficult for me, I just cannot get my brain to focus at all... it's like major ADHD time for me atm (which, btw, I probably also have, according to my drs and therapist lol) which means that I'm staring at a line of notes  as if its a different language, unable to make head nor tale of it! Same with trying to listen to lectures online; my mind is all over the place and I cannot concentrate enough on one thing to be able to understand whats going on... GAH! So frustrating!

My brain in summary:

I've always had a lot of trouble with concentration and focus, but I think it may be particular bad because I'm feeling so anxious. I just found out that the ANAM (Australian National Academy of Music) auditions are in 2 weeks, and I applied at the last minute, and now am frantically trying to find all the accompaniment music I need, and arrange a rehearsal prior to the actual audition - not to mention that I am completely unprepared because I have hardly been practicing flute this year :S I'm tossing up whether or not just to scrap the audition - but I wanted to apply for ANAM so bad!! I can't believe they are doing the auditions so early in the year this time, it was completely unexpected and I hadn't planned for it - it's right smack in the middle of my uni exams too.

So there's that to worry about, and then my 3 exams I need to prepare for, and my brain wont concentrate for some reason, which makes me more anxious, which makes it even harder to focus, in a viscious never-ending cycle!!! Ahhhh help!!!

I have a therapist appointment on Tuesday morning thank the lord Jesus lol, so maybe he can help me figure out how to calm tf down and FOCUS!

I don't think I really have anything else to write about, I haven't been doing anything except trying to study and fail, and taking the dogs for walks.

I thought writing this down might help but I don't feel much better :/

Anyway, off to TRY and actually get some study done for once...



~Tam~


2 comments:

  1. The big thing I've learned with ADD is that you have to set small goals for yourself. 15 minutes of focused study, 10 to chill out. 30 of study, 30 of walking or TV or internet surfing. It's just about bursts. Also, your brain handles sessions like that versus cramming better anyway. Good luck dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve!! will definitely try that method, allocating time "on" and time off! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments xx