Saturday, May 11, 2013

Books, Visitors, Blogs and Dogs!!

I bought a few (fiction) books recently - ordered online from overseas, because who on earth can afford Australian book prices anymore?? I have some great new additions to my library now, including

- Daphne du Maurier's "The House on the Strand"
- Sheridan le Fanu's "In a Glass Darkly"
- Anne Bronte's "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall"
- Matthew Gregory Lewis's "The Monk"

I also read Anne Bronte's "Agnes Grey" recently, but I thought it was boring and painstakingly MORAL, I mean, what happened to classic gothic romance? "Wuthering Heights"a will always remain the best of any of the Bronte sisters novels!


So at the moment I'm reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, and so far I like it a lot better than Agnes Grey, at least the characters are more interesting!
I also read Orwell's "Keep the Apidistras Flying," and I honestly have no idea what to make of it, it was a pretty weird book. I have no idea what the protagonist even wanted out of life??
Anyways, so I suppose I am a regular bookworm at the moment. I've also been playing chess with my computer while procrastinating extensively from the uni work which is piling up :/ But I'm not getting any better at chess (I lose every time to the damn computer) although I'm making myself considerably stressed with not getting my work done. It's so hard to get the motivation to study!!


My friend J. and her two kids came up yesterday for lunch, and my Mum also brought along my nephew. It was the best arvo - we had an outdoor lunch, then walked down to the park with the dog and the kids had a play. I also got to give Mum her mother's day present: Two paintings (prints) that went together, for which I'd bought this pretty white frames. The paintings were of a beautiful big steam engine passing through a town while kids played and watched: one painting at the town station and one through the countryside with the kids fishing in the stream. They reminded me a lot of the story "The railway children", which is an absolute favourite of mums! She really loved the pictures, which was great!


Today has been very unproductive because I've been hit with the most excruciating PMS cramps, feel like shit lol! haven't even walked the dogs, just been lying here moaning all day :P hopefully tomorrow is not so bad because I desperately need to get some work done!

~Tam~

PS. Some dog photos for you:


Blair, my brindle Great Dane x, claiming my couch


 Napolean, my Wolfhound x, being the handsome devil that he is!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx