Sunday, December 15, 2013

Things

Good Things:


  • Passed all my units and finished my double degree! Bachelor of Music (Honours) and Bachelor of Science (pharmacology and physiology double major) come at me!
  • Got into WAYO (West Australian Youth Orchestra) again as flute player for 2014
  • Got a new rental property for 2014
  • Might be fostering a puppy over xmas for a rescue organisation :D
  • My SO and I have made a musical duo ("Altus Duo") and we played a gig yesterday for the WA political party The Greens in Kings Park
  • My dog is awesome. obviously. :)
Things I Need to Do:

  • Create and send some recordings of Altus Duo to a potential client for wedding music :)
  • Post my christmas cards to family in England (I have no idea if it will get there in time now)
  • Send WAYO acceptance form
  • Send my nephew his birthday card and iitunes voucher
  • Get up tomorrow for 9.30am house-check by rescue organisation (for puppy fostering)
  • Get some large cardboard boxes for house-moving
  • Book a removal van for the 3rd January (our moving date!)
Things I am Nervous About:

  • Waiting to hear back about my application for music postgraduate diploma
  • Going to my Dad's for xmas lunch (my Dad and I have only recently got back in contact after about 11 years)
  • My skin looking like crap because I can't stop picking it - I have that OCD-type disorder Dermatillomania. As a result I keep compulsively picking at the skin on my face and causing wounds and scabs. It's so embaressing and I feel so incredibly ugly right now as a result of it. :( I also probably look like a drug addict. 
Fun Things to Do:

  • Xmas picnic with some old friends in Kings Park on Tuesday
  • Dog training class on Wednesday with Napolean
  • Art group on Wednesday morning (?) through mental health services
  • Buy those bags of flat pebbles for craft (I want to make stone mats for the bathroom and for the kitchen table, as xmas gifts)
  • Finish my painting (it's of a dog)
  • Begin my "sea glass" mosaic (I've been collecting smooth glass from the beach for ages)
  • Hang out at the beach with n-dog
  • Ring my best friend (she lives in another state)
  • Read my books
  • Take care of the plants (they are not looking so healthy in the hot weather - it was 41 degrees Celcius today!!)
  • Learn Gaubert's Flute Sonata no. 3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T62zWNOqb8


Napolean looking very much how I feel in 41 degree heat!! poor doggy xx




I'll never know how he manages to squish himself onto that chair when he is so big! :P


~Tam~

2 comments:

  1. Woot woot! I'm soooooo happy for you! I graduate with my bachelors in Psychology this weekend. It's an awesome growing time for us all. I'm sorry to hear about your stresses. Just take it one thing at a time. Maybe when you want to pick at your skin you could have something you could tear up? Like paper or get maybe clay and do that? I'm sure you're still beautiful my dear. Napoleon is awesome. I want to squish myself in the chair with him haha. Good luck with your postgrad sweets. I'm so proud of you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thanks Eve! congrats on finishing your psychology degree :D Thats a good idea about finding something else to do with my hands. It's such a weird compulsive disorder, makes me feel like a total freak. I sang in a xmas service and Napolean came with me (he's my Psychiatric Assistant dog AKA portable living teddy bear) and half way through he started howling at a cat outside, it was hilarious! Hope you have a great xmas :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments xx