Saturday, December 21, 2013

Henry

I just finished watching the 1st season of the TV series "American Horror Story." I was expecting it to be really cheesy, but I actually got into it and enjoyed it :D Even "fake" blood makes me a bit queesy though lol, I'm not a fan of "gore" horror, but I like the psychological twists and mysteries :)

There are heaps of things I wanted to get done today, but it turns out that I'm having an anxious day, and I can't seem to leave the house, even with Napolean. Yesterday I managed to go to the shops, but my partner and his brother were both with me. I didn't tell them how I was actually feeling. We went to dinner at D & Y's (family friends) place - I didn't feel much up to going but went anyway. D found out not that long ago that he had a brain tumour. They operated, but didn't get it all, so now he has to go in for a second surgery. He's acting really brave about it, but I get the feeling that he's terrified of what it might do to his cognitive abilities. He loves to learn and read about absolutely everything, so for him not to be able to do that or remember things as well would be a really big deal. But I guess all you can do is trust the surgeon to do a good job, and get on as best you can in the mean time. Still, it really sucks that he has to go through all this :(  If God is real, then fuck 'im. Seems extraordinarily unlikely to me though. I will forever be the bipolar, vegetarian atheist.

On a lighter note, here is a photo of Napolean (left) and Henry (right). We are fostering Henry for a while for a rescue organisation. He's such a cutie! He and Napolean get along great. Oh, and also, that's Ambrose making a frog face in the background. :D


Henry used to be named "Limpy" because he has a wounded foot. He's previous owner (who was obviously disturbed) purposely crushed his foot, breaking it and permanently damaging the ligaments. He also has a bad wound on the bottom of his foot which is a bit infected, but I've got him on antibiotics and trying to bath it etc and get it healed up. Poor little guy, and he's got such a loving personality! Anyway, we changed his name to Henry, because we thought "Limpy" kind of defined him by what happened to him. NONE of us are defined by how other people have treated us in the past, but on how we choose to live the future xx

<3

~Tam~

2 comments:

  1. Well, for what it's worth, I'm a Christian carnivore so I'll say a prayer for you friend. :) I haven't tried that show but I keep hearing from everyone that I need to so maybe I do. You sealed the deal for me.

    I'm sorry you had such a stressful day today but at least it's the holiday break! Henry is adorable and I rreally agree with you. All we can do is move forward and be the best we can. It's a beautiful life if we choose to make it that way.
    I hope you're having a great holiday season love!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw thank you Eve! have a wonderful xmas xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments xx