Saturday, August 3, 2013

Life can be Ruff

It is very muddy today. And by that, I mean muddy in my head. I don't know if its partly me coming down with the cold my SO had, or if its just my general nuttiness, but my head really hurts, I'm dizzy and I cannot concentrate or think straight. Complaining complaining, aren't I? :P Well my poor doggy Napolean has had a rough time too; he had to get a tumour removed from his ear at the vets on Thursday - he had to go under general anaesthetic. Then on Friday we had to take him back to the vet TWICE because his ear was bleeding sooo badly (seriously we had blood ALL over our kitchen, the floor, the walls, the fridge, us.... EVERYTHING.) The first time we went back the vet bandaged Napolean's ear flat to his head so he couldn't shake it around and make it bleed - BUT the bandage came off immediately when we got home, so we had to go back. Napolean was petrified of that vet doctor for some reason (he was male, which may have been part of the problem) and he kept trying to climb on top of me and hide. The fact is, however, that he is a 45kg wolfhound whom is rather too large to hide OR be a lapdog XD Silly thing! However, we finally got his head bandaged properly, and a tighter cone-collar on so he couldn't scratch his ear.

This morning he woke up with a runny nose and red eyes, however, and hasn't moved all day long, so I think he may have the cold/flu my SO has had. Poor darling, he looks so miserable and pathetic lol!! I've been giving him lots of cuddles today and let him be inside with me (don't tell the landlord!)

I wonder if he's missing our other dog (Blair, the dog-aggressive, fence-jumping one we had to rehome) - I'm actually really missing her which might sound odd, considering all the trouble we had with her... but then she did give excellent doggy cuddles. Naw poor Blair, I hope she is getting the special training and meds that she needed (which we could not afford). I love dogs, I wish I was rich so that I could take care of them all! At least I have learnt my lesson, that I cannot overcommit when I don't have the resources to look after special needs dogs. I would love to have 2 dogs, but I thinks it's wise at the moment just to stick with Napolean.

And I have to admit it - he is pretty awesome. :)


nawww <3 <3




~Tam~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx