Friday, July 27, 2012

So, I am absolutely obsessed with baths.


So, I am absolutely obsessed with baths. Often I have more than one bath a day, and they usually go for like 2 hours. Basically, I spend a lot of time in there, either staring at the wall or composing poetry.  Today I wrote this poem in honour of my bath fetish, and to acknowledge how lame I am that I spend so much time wallowing in my own emotions.




The Bath


To make a story out
of your own
sadness and doubt
is pitiful, I own,


but now that my eyes
are blind to the rest
of their stories, I must
carve my way. You prize


apart my clasped pain;
you, alter-self,
sacrificial wealth,
mad thought train.


Steam rising,
water interwoven
with breath, to heaven,
heaving, striving;


I must be in hot water.
A drop of blood - 
where you stood,
your face caught the


last laugh of sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx