Saturday, April 19, 2014

HAPPY CHOCOLATE SUNDAY

Happy Chocolate Sunday!! :D

I don't believe in christian things but I DO believe very firmly in the miraculous power of chocolate. Truly, 'tis divine.

I hope you all gorge yourselves silly, and not even feel guilty for it.

In other news, can you believe my significant other  convinced me to come and sit through a 2-hour Easter service in which he was singing? I only agreed to come because it was a sung gospel, and he was playing Jesus, which I thought was hilarious as he is also a lost soul (AKA damned heathen).

So I took my wonderful Dog (forget God, I worship Dog!) and he seemed to be thinking what I was thinking, because he kept yawning loudly and sighing and then throwing himself down sideways on the ground in bored resignation.

I'm sorry to any religious folk, but when I listen to all the nice stuff about "God" symbolising complete love etc I think "hey thats actually really nice message" ... and then that's completely blown when I start hearing how apparently those who don't follow that one particular religion out of thousands and thousands of religions around the world, are all damned to hell for eternity, and then I go back to disliking organised religion with a passion. Everyone has the right to practise whatever beliefs they want, but when they start persecuting others for not agreeing with them - seriously that is just f*cked up.


^heheehe


I will teach my kids love and tolerance towards everyone, but I'm not going to indoctrinate them into thinking they have to "save" other people who would otherwise be damned for interpreting the world in a different way. And I sure as hell aren't going to teach them that they should perpetually "repent" for being human, as if by just existing they have been born into sin. This stuff just annoys the crap out of me. So does the maniacal grin of overly-devout christian followers. Sorry but do you really have to smile at me in that crazily terrifying way? Please stop. Just, no. I don't think I can take sitting through any more church services lol, even for the music.



.. . Well I could go on and on about why I dislike organised religion hehe, but I'll end on my originally positive message:

CHOCOLATE IS GOOD. SO ARE DOGS. So in light of this, Happy Easter (atheist or otherwise) from me, hope you get to spend it with your family and friends, as I will be :)





~Tam~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx