Sunday, February 23, 2014

Asexuality - another orientation

ASEXUALITY (orientation) wikipedia definition: "Asexuality (or nonsexuality) is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone or low or absent interest in sexual activity. It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the four variations thereof, alongside heterosexualityhomosexuality, and bisexuality. A study in 2004 placed the prevalence of asexuality at 1%."


^^ "Asexuality" flag


So hallelujah! My years of identity confusion and trying to "fix" my lack of sexuality are over! Asexuality IS AN ORIENTATION just like gay/straight etc. It's okay NOT to be sexually interested in either women or men. I have always been this way, and thought I was complete freak for it. And all the guilt and suffering in my relationship .... due to the problem of having a sexual partner and having to compromise and subsequently feel violated and worthless and totally messed up and confused... 


I am ASEXUAL and that is OKAY. I am finally okay with myself! Thank you internet and other like-minded people I have met for making me realise I am not alone. 


I wanted to post this blog so that other people who might be in the same boat can find some peace with their orientation - or lack thereof :) And so that 'sexual' people might gain a bit more understanding of us asexuals as regular people, not people who have a problem or who are 'unnatural.' I mean, heck, that's what 'straight' people used to say about homosexuality. 


Awareness needs to be spread about asexuality so that is also accepted as just another orientation, and for people to realise it is okay to be this way. 




- oh, and they need to add: "And I was NOT sexually molested/abused." 





AVEN website for more info on asexuality:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/



~Tam~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments xx