Monday, January 20, 2014

Bushfire alert

It's a little tough, being me. I suspect that it's a little tough being anyone. The problem is that we all feel way too much. The kind of emotions we are set to suffer from are really too much for anyone to bear. Evolutionary fail!!

I can't be bothered to write about my life, because its boring and kind of pathetic. But here is my "mindfulness" approach to the moment.

My body feels tired and heavy. My eyelids want to close even though it's only 4 in the afternoon. The sound of the airconditioning - a soft, repetitive humming - is strangely soothing. My body is sunk into the squishy sofa, I'm letting myself relax...

DING-DONG!

Well fuck, there goes the doorbell - it was A. returning from the shops. Get up, open the door, quick kiss, back to the couch... where was I? Back to my relaxing. Reach down and feel the soft fur of my dog. He heaves a sigh as if to say: "life is hard, even for a dog." I feel you, buddy, I feel you.

BRING BRING!!

A.'s phone ringing. Turns out there's another big fire near his parents place. Closer this time. Well, goodbye attempt at relaxation, hello afternoon of fret and worry.. goddamm Autralian summer heat and bushfires!!



Anyone in this area please stay safe!

~Tam~

1 comment:

  1. Hey hun I've been meaning to comment but school came up and surprised me and I forgot to come back to do all my blogger comments. I'm sorry to hear that you're still struggling. Seems to be the constant in life. I'm thinking of you and don't hesitate to.email me if you need someone. ♡

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments xx